Global FMCG business based in Macquarie Park, Sydney, requires a Legal Counsel to 4-8 years experience.
Global FMCG business
Provide legal business solutions to business units
Corporate/Commercial background preferred
Well renowned multinational business which supplies millions of consumers with their range of products. The business has a presence in over 40 countries and as well as selling directly, supplies products to the world’s major retailers. A truly global company with some iconic products. Their Legal team sits within the Corporate Services function and supports the business in Australia. This role reports into the General Counsel (ex Top Tier) based in Sydney and within 6-12 months will manage a Junior Legal Counsel.
• Manage commercial contracts, establishing strong processes and procedures
• Advise on corporate issues such as capital raising and M&A transactions
• Advise on potential competition law issues, including those which arise internationally
• Continually mitigate business risk and ensure best practice with industry standards
• Advise the HR team on the correct application of employment law and procedures
• Advise on intellectual property and branding issues which may arise
• Maintain stringent data protection policies and procedures, including educating the business on the same
• Review business proposals in line with company legal policies
• At least 4 years’ experience from a Top Tier or highly regarded Mid Tier firm
• Ability to think practically and commercially when interpreting law and policies
• Experience in a wide range of legal areas advantageous although not required
• Ability to deal with busy and demanding business units including sales teams
• Happy to work in a small, close-knit and busy legal team
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Matthew Edwards for a confidential discussion.