Beacon Legal has partnered with a market-leading Australian investment management, wealth management and corporate advisory firm. The company has developed a reputation as one of Australia’s most trusted brands in the financial services market. Its clients include high net worth individuals as well as blue chip corporations.
The Legal Counsel will report directly to the company’s General Counsel and Company Secretary. The successful candidate will responsible for providing legal, regulatory and compliance advice to the business. Key responsibilities include:
- Advising the company in relation to transaction structure, legal risks and key legal issues relevant to the performance of the company;
- Drafting negotiating and reviewing key transaction documents;
- Developing relationships with executive management teams and acting as the point of contact within the legal team for those executives;
- Working closely with fund managers and financial advisors in ensuring that the company complies with its regulatory obligations;
- Liaising with external law firms as required;
- Assisting the General Counsel with presentations to key internal stakeholders;
- Identifying risks across the company’s various business streams and implementing strategies to help mitigate those risks;
- Providing internal legal training to the business;
- Building and maintaining strong commercial relationships with key business stakeholders across all divisions and at varying levels of seniority.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced corporate or financial services lawyer looking to make a transition into a challenging in-house role. Key criteria include:
- Admission as a lawyer in Australia or New Zealand;
- At least 5 years’ PQE in corporate M&A, wealth management, investment management or financial services law;
- A keen interested in the investment management space and a desire to work as part of a fast-paced, highly professional organisation;
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to deliver clear and concise legal advice in a succinct way;
- A proven ability to effectively manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
If you’re interested in this position, apply directly or get in touch with Matthew Edwards via email (email@example.com) or phone (0406 809 995).