Beacon Legal has partnered with a national property and infrastructure company on the recruitment of a Legal Counsel on a fixed term contract basis. The role will be covering the current Legal Counsel's maternity leave period. It's a 12 month contract position. The Role
As Legal Counsel, your role will be to provide accurate, timely and reliable legal advice to the business in respect of its operations within the Australian market. The role is broad, but would suit a lawyer with real estate experience. The role will involve:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating relevant commercial agreements (including NDA's, site access agreements, customer licensing and commercial services contracts);
- Providing legal support and advice to the business in respect of its property portfolio, and dealing with property issues as they arise - easements, licenses, leases and so on.
- Assisting with regulatory matters affecting the company;
- Forming valuable commercial relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to promote effective legal outcomes;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating IT contracts;
- Liaising with external counsel as required.
The role would suit a mid-level real estate and/or commercial lawyer looking to further their career in the in-house market. The successful candidate will have the following key attributes:
- Admission as a lawyer in Australia or New Zealand;
- At least 3 years' PQE gained from a reputable property or commercial practice, or similar in-house role;
- Demonstrable ability to engage with, and manage, both internal and external stakeholders to achieve timely and effective commercial outcomes;
- Effective contract negotiation and management skills;
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise important tasks;
- Willingness to work as part of a team but also autonomously as required;
- Excellent drafting and contract interpretation skills.
If this role sounds interesting, please apply directly or send through a copy of your CV to email@example.com.