A Legal Counsel position has become available for a top tier commercial lawyer looking to either make their first move in-house, or for someone looking to develop their in-house career further, with a broader, fast paced brand. The work on offer is broad, but in general, your day-to-day tasks will include
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts, including marketing, technology, and supplier agreements;
- Advising the business on a range of regulatory matters;
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders and providing timely commercial and legal advice through the management of stakeholder expectations;
- Advising on all aspects of legal liability, risk management and insurance;
- Engaging with, and managing external law firms from a cost and work-flow perspective;
- Providing broad legal advice to the business across all business functions (finance, IT, HR etc).
- Working closely with the wider business in APAC, and Senior Management to deliver regional objectives.
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia;
- At least 2 PQE gained from a top tier private practice team or in a similar in-house role;
- Ability to manage and prioritise key tasks;
- A demonstrable ability to form and develop valuable internal stakeholder relationships;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment;
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise key tasks is essential;
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral);
- A willingness to work as part of a collegiate and collaborative team.