We are working with a national energy company that is looking to hire a Legal Counsel, with corporate experience, for their Sydney team. The Company
They are a leader in the energy market and this role is to work with the companies retail side of the business. They are looking to help progress a renewable future for Australia. They offer great work-life balance and have a strong benefits programme in place. The Role
A Legal Counsel position has become available for a corporate lawyer looking to take on a career-defining in-house role. The nature of the work is broad in scope and you will partner with stakeholders to become a trusted advisor.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Provide strategic and technical legal advice on laws and regulations that apply to the retail business;
- Managing regulatory investigations;
- Managing legal disputes with stakeholders;
- Providing strategic and technical advice on contract law.
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia;
- Between 4-8 years PQE gained from a reputable private practice team or in a similar in-house role;
- Solid experience in corporate matters;
- Will consider a background in competition or commercial law;
- An interest in energy law is desirable but not essential;
- Strong communication and organisation skills.
If you're interested in this position, apply directly or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org