Beacon Legal has partnered with a leading Australian financial services institution in its recruitment of 2 employment lawyers in Sydney. Both roles are offered on a max-term contract basis, between 6 and 12 months. The Company
The company is one of Australia's most well known financial services businesses and has a well-established presence across the country. The company's legal team is spread across Australia and the incoming lawyer will form part of a well-resourced, national team of high-performing, collaborative and engaging lawyers. The Role
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for the following:
- Advising the business on all key legal and regulatory requirements relevant to employment law;
- Provide advice in relation to HR policies, workplace relations, employment agreements and fair work practices;
- Providing comprehensive and wide ranging legal support to relevant functions;
- Advising the company on resolutions of internal operational risks;
- Drafting and reviewing a range of legal documentation;
- Providing ad hoc legal support to key internal stakeholders, at all levels;
- Assisting the business with litigation and corporate transactional support.
This role would suit a mid-level lawyer, with either in-house or private practice experience in a dedicated employment law function. Some key requirements include:
- Admission as a solicitor in Australia with 3+ years PQE;
- Training at a reputable private practice firm, or in a similar in-house role;
- Dedicated employment law experience;
- Experience working with large corporate clients;
- Proven written and verbal communication skills;
- A dedicated team player that is collaborative and dynamic in their approach to legal work;
- Strong time management skills and a demonstrated ability to be able to effectively prioritise work as required.
If this role sounds interesting, please apply directly or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.