Beacon Legal has partnered with a leading global fund manager looking to add a Legal Counsel to its growing team. The company is willing to pay at the top of the market to attract the right candidate. The Company
The company is an emerging player in the funds management space. Established in Australia, the business has grown across the APAC region and now has offices throughout Australia and Asia. The company is fast developing a reputation as a market leader in the funds management space, and has undertaken a period of substantial growth in recent years. It's an exciting, dynamic business with plans to expand its operations across APAC.
The legal team is made up of a number of high quality lawyers and excellent people. The senior leaders are excellent people managers with strong technical backgrounds. The Role
As Legal Counsel, your role will be to provide accurate, timely and reliable legal advice to the business in respect of its operations within the Australian market. The role is largely (80%) transactional work. You'll be tasked with supporting the business in its capital raising initiatives, corporate acquisitions and fund transactions. The role will involve:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating relevant fund-specific documentation (including NDA's, term sheets, marketing etc);
- Serving as a key member of the corporate transactions team and assisting the company with M&A and joint venture work;
- Providing advice on project management, and ad hoc queries relating to funds and corporate transactions;
- Working very closely with the company's external counsel - managing correspondence, billing, providing instructions and outsourcing work as required;
- Forming valuable commercial relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to promote effective legal outcomes;
- Ensuring that the company's document management system is up to date - recording details of all transactions and maintaining an accurate register of relevant details.
The role will involve a lot more commercial and strategic input than most Legal or Senior Legal Counsel positions. It's a pivotal role within the context of the Group's legal operations across the APAC region.
The salary on offer will be very favourable for the right candidate. The company will play well above market with an attractive bonus offering. The Requirements
The role would suit a 4-6PQE funds or corporate lawyer looking to take the next step in their in-house career. The successful candidate will have the following key attributes:
- Admission as a lawyer in Australia or New Zealand;
- At least 4 years' PQE gained from a reputable funds or corporate practice in a law firm, or similar in-house role;
- Demonstrable ability to engage with, and manage, both internal and external stakeholders to achieve timely and effective commercial outcomes;
- Effective contract negotiation and management skills;
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise important tasks;
- Willingness to work as part of a team but also autonomously as required;
- A genuine interest in the funds management sector.
If this role sounds interesting, please apply directly or send through a copy of your CV to email@example.com.