Beacon Legal has partnered with an ASX-listed technology company looking to hire a Legal Counsel in Sydney.
The company is a market-leading, ASX-listed business that has a foothold in all major international markets. The company provides software solutions to an extensive client base, ranging from small to large listed entities.
The Legal Counsel will report directly into the company’s APAC Head of Legal – an experienced lawyer and a fantastic manager. The role will support key internal business stakeholders in providing timely and effective commercial and legal advice on a range of issues. The workload is incredibly broad, and will include:
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing a range of contracts relevant to the performance of the company across the APAC region, including notable software licensing and services agreements;
- Advising the business on IP issues,
- Assisting the Head of Legal with company secretarial tasks;
- Advising the business on its corporate obligations, ensuring compliance with ASX-listing rules, ASIC requirements and other compliance matters;
- Engaging in pre-litigation and litigation work from time-to-time;
- Advising the company on any employment law issues, both contentious and non-contentious;
- Developing relationships with key internal stakeholders and acting as a trusted internal advisor and business partner;
- Liaising with external law firms as required.
This role would suit a lawyer who has a genuine interest in the technology sector and is looking to further their career with a market-leader in the tech industry. Key requirements include:
- Admission as a solicitor in Australia;
- At least 2 years’ experience gained from a reputable law firm or in a similar in-house role;
- Dedicated experience in commercial, corporate or technology law;
- Experience drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal documents;
- A commercial approach to legal practice, and an ability to distil complex legal issues into simple, effective and practical advice to the business;
- Proven stakeholder management skills, and a willingness to engage with internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority;
- Experience in effective time management.
If you’re interested in this position, or know someone who might be, please reach out to Matthew Edwards at email@example.com / +61 406 809 995.