A rare position has become available for a top tier commercial litigator looking to either make their first move in-house, or for someone looking to develop their in-house career further, with a broader, fast paced brand. The work on offer is broad, but in general, your day-to-day tasks will include
- Working closely with the legal leadership team on a specific litigious matter that is ongoing;
- Manage and oversee day-to-day litigious matters concerning two business streams;
- Gain exposure to non-litigious work, assisting with a broad range of commercial, marketing, tech, and supplier agreements on an ad hoc basis;
- Assist the Compliance team on regulatory legal issues, and work with non-legal stakeholders to understand regulatory reforms and their potential impacts for the business;
- Advising on all aspects of legal liability, and risk management;
- Engaging with, and managing external law firms from a cost and work-flow perspective;
- Providing broad legal advice to the business across all business functions (finance, IT, HR etc).
- Working closely with the wider business in APAC, and Senior Management to deliver regional objectives.
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia;
- At least 4PQE gained from a top tier private practice team or in a similar in-house role, ideally with a commercial litigation team;
- Ability to manage and prioritise key tasks;
- A demonstrable ability to form and develop valuable internal stakeholder relationships;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment;
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise key tasks is essential;
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral);
- A willingness to work as part of a collegiate and collaborative team.