A unique position has become available for a broad commercial lawyer looking to take on a Senior Counsel position, working closely with the General Counsel on matters across the ANZ region. Day to day responsibilities will include
- Review, negotiate, and approve contracts relating to trade, commercial, and operation matters, including;
- Tender, supply, distribution, property leases, employment, T&Cs and other commercial agreements;
- Work closely with the General Counsel and senior management, keeping the business informed of new legislation that might affect its activities;
- Assist sales/account management teams on sales agreements, in line with business needs;
- Providing broad legal advice to the business across all business functions (finance, IT, HR etc).
- Working closely with the wider business in APAC, and Senior Management to deliver regional objectives.
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia;
- At least 6PQE gained from a top tier private practice team or in a similar in-house role;
- Distribution/supply chain/logistics/front end construction experience is desirable but not essential;
- Ability to manage and prioritise key tasks;
- A demonstrable ability to form and develop valuable internal stakeholder relationships;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment;
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise key tasks is essential;
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral);
- A willingness to work as part of a collegiate and commercial team, in a lean legal function