We’re working with an international, market-leading construction business looking to add a Senior Legal Counsel to the team. This is a fantastic (and rare) opportunity for a senior lawyer with experience in front-end construction law and PPP work to join a household name in the construction space.
This is a senior level role paying circa $250k plus super.
- Providing contractual and commercial legal advice to the wider business, with a particular focus on front-end construction law;
- Working closely with the company’s commercial teams to ensure compliance with the company’s legal and risk obligations;
- Working on major PPP tenders across a range of industries – including road and rail;
- Managing external legal counsel as required – including providing instruction and budgeting legal spend.
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia;
- At least 8 PQE and experience working in the construction practice of a reputable law firm;
- Exposure to project finance and PPP work is highly desirable;
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and drafting skills;
- Previous in-house experience is preferred. You will be required to provide commercial advice and an ability to speak in concise, clear language will be an advantage;
- General knowledge of construction industry practice;
- A willingness to work as part of a collegiate and collaborative team.